Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA) is one of the top government state-owned universities in the country.
The school was founded in December 1999 by Micheal Adekunle Ajasin and remains one of the best state universities to date.
The school has over fifteen thousand students (15,000) and six (6) faculties.
If you want to attend AAUA, this article will give you the school’s list of courses and admission requirements.
RECOMMENDED: Afe Babalola University: All You Need To Know
Adekunle Ajasin University Courses Offered
Before you attend any higher institution, the courses an institution offers are essential to your admission process.
If you get this wrong, you will have a problem processing admission into your dream university. So, here is the list of courses offered at Adekunle Ajasin University.
- Adult Education
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Computer Education
- Computer Science
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Biology
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Social Studies
- Educational Management
- English Language
- Environmental Biology and Fisheries
- Estate Management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Geography and Planning
- Guidance and Counselling
- Health Education
- History and International Studies
- Human Kinetics
- Industrial and Labour Relations
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Mathematics
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Performing Arts
- Physics With Electronics
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public and Private International Law
- Religions and African Culture
- Religious Studies
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Teacher Education Science
- Technical Education
- Urban and Regional Planning
FIND OUT: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria
Adekunle Ajasin University Admission Requirements For UTME Candidates
To gain admission into AAUA, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
2. Candidates must have at least 5 (five) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O-Level result (s).
That must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study.
For instance, a candidate that wants to study Medicine must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
3. Candidates must also score at least 180 in the JAMB UTME examination.
4. Candidates must also take the AAUA post UTME screening examination and perform very well (depending on the course of study).
5. Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
6. Candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
7. Candidates must use only one result, either WAEC, NECO, or GCE. Two sitting results are not allowed.
If you want to pass your WAEC, NECO, and JAMB exams with distinctions, click here.
AAUA Admission Requirements For Direct Entry Candidates
To gain admission into AAUA, Direct Entry candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Candidates must get the JAMB Direct Entry form from JAMB to apply.
2. Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
3. Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O-Level results. That must include English Language and Mathematics. However, AAUA does not allow two sitting results.
4. To apply for Direct Entry, you must have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN.
As a candidate, if you do not meet all the admission requirements, you won’t be able to gain admission into AAUA.
So, you should meet all the school admission requirements and perform well in the required exams.
Do you find this article helpful? If so, kindly share with your friends. Got questions? Ask in the comment box.
Question for you: What topic do you want us to discuss in our next blog post? Drop them in the comment section.