Bowen University is a private institution in Iwo, Osun State, established by the Nigerian Baptist Convention in 2001.
The school ranks fourth as the top best private university in Nigeria.
If you are seeking admission into this institution, this article is for you.
Many students fail to research some necessary information about their dream schools.
One of the necessary things you should know about your chosen university is the courses its offers.
Some schools do not offer all courses, and you must be sure your dream school offer the course you want to study.
So, this article will guide you on Bowen University courses and admission requirements for all candidates (UTME and Direct Entry).
So, let’s get right into it!
RECOMMENDED: Top 10 Worst Courses To Study In Nigeria
Bowen University List of Courses
3. Agriculture Extension and Social Engineering
6. Banking and Finance
8. Business Administration
10. Communication Arts
11. Computer Science
12. Cyber Security
14. Electrical/Electronics Engineering
16. Food Science and Technology
17. History and International Studies
18. Industrial Chemistry
19. Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
20. Information Technology
21. International Relations
23. Mechatronics Engineering
24. Mass Communication
26. Medical Laboratory Science
27. Medicine and Surgery
30. Nursing Science
31. Nutrition and Dietetics
35. Public Health
36. Political and Law
37. Political Science
38. Pure and Applied Biology
39. Religious Studies
40. Software Engineering
42. Surveying and Geoinformatics
43. Theatre Arts
Bowen University Admission Requirements For All Students
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme at Bowen University is basically under two (2) entry methods: the UTME Entry and the Direct Entry.
FIND OUT: 10 Worst Universities In Nigeria According To NUC
BU Admission Requirements UTME Candidates
To gain admission into the Bowen University in 2021/2022, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
2. Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s).
That must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study.
For instance, a Candidate that wants to study Medicine must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Do you want to write the WAEC exam and pass with distinctions? Download EduPadi WAEC App Here
3. Candidates must score at least 180 in the JAMB UTME examination.
4. Candidates must take the BU post UTME screening examination and perform very well (depending on the course of study).
5. Bowen University does not accept two sitting results. So, your O-Level should not be more than one sitting. There is no combination of O-Level results.
6. Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
7. Candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
BU Admission Requirements Direct Entry Candidates
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Bowen University (BU) must meet the following requirements:
READ ALSO: 10 Best Countries For Nigerian Students To Study Abroad
1. Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. That must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting results are not allowed.
2. Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
3. Candidates are expected to get a JAMB Direct Entry form from JAMB to apply.
4. Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN.
However, if you want to study at Bowen University, you meet all the requirements to be considered for admission.
Do you find this article helpful? If so, kindly share with your friends. Got questions? Ask in the comment box.