Are you a Nigerian student who wants to attend the National Open University of Nigeria? If yes, this is all you need to know about the school.
A Quick Introduction About NOUN?
The National Open University is the largest higher institution in Nigeria. The university was founded in 1983 and is regarded as the foremost university providing highly accessible and enhanced quality education in Nigeria.
The mission of NOUN is to provide functional cost-effective, flexible learning, which adds life-long value to quality education for all who seek knowledge.
The institution has over 500,000+ students, 8 Faculties, 37 Departments, 121+ Programmes, and 107+ Study Centres.
National Open University School Fees
The cost of attending any university is one of the most important things you should know. Why? Because it plays a significant role in your admissions procedure.
So, what are the school fees for students who want to study at NOUN?
|S/N||Payment Fees||Amount (N)|
|7.||ICT Administrative Charges||5,000.00|
|Total Compulsory Fees||35,000.00|
National Open University of Nigeria Courses
I have listed all the courses NOUN offered in another blog post.
Click the link below to access the courses.
NOUN Admission Requirements For All Candidates
As a candidate, one of the most important things you should know is the admission requirements and process of NOUN.
So, I have listed all the admission requirements for Undergraduate, Direct Entry, Master, and PhD candidates in another blog post.
Click the link below to read the admission requirements of NOUN.
Click here: NOUN Admission Requirements For All Candidates
NOUN Students Portal
To access the NOUN students portal, click here.
Advantages of Studying At NOUN
As a student, studying at NOUN has some unique advantages over other higher institutions in Nigeria. Here are some of the advantages:
1. One of the of studying at NOUN is that it offers increased access to quality education and skill development to learners in remote areas with no age barrier.
2. NOUN allows students to study in any state or city they are in the country. That is amazing flexibility for people who have no opportunity to go to school due to work or any other reason.
3. NOUN is one of the universities with the cheapest tuition fees in Nigeria. That means many students can afford to attend university without struggle.
4. The university has the highest number of programmes which gives room for students to choose any course of their choice.
Disadvantages of Studying At NOUN
1. One of the disadvantages of studying at NOUN is that the students do not participate in the compulsory NYSC.
2. Most of the graduates of NOUN are less employed because of a lack of experience.
3. The university does not monitor its students well, unlike other universities in Nigeria. The students do not attend lectures in class; they only read the course materials.
4. Some of the NOUN educational environments are not of a high standard.
So, here is some of the important information you should know about the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
Do you have any questions? Kindly drop them in the comment section and share the article with your friends.