Are you a student preparing to sit for the NECO exams in 2023? If yes, you need to start preparing early for the registration process. The National Examination Council (NECO) is an examination board that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) in Nigeria. This article covers everything you need to know about the NECO Registration 2023 process.
Eligibility Criteria For The NECO Exam
Before you begin the registration process, it’s important to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by NECO. The following are the eligibility criteria for the NECO exam:
- You must be at least 16 years old at the time of the examination.
- You must have completed a minimum of five years (SS3 or SS2) of secondary education in any private or public secondary school in Nigeria.
- You must have written and passed the National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) or its equivalent.
RECOMMENDED:WAEC 2023 Compulsory Subjects For Science, Art, And Commercial Students
Requirements For NECO Registration 2023
As required by the National Examination Council, any candidate that wants to register for the exam must meet all the following requirements:
- You must be a student of Senior Secondary School 3 or 2 or have completed secondary school.
- You must have a unique and active phone number and email address for registration.
- You must have valid names, gender, date of birth, home address, local government, and states of origin.
- Four copies of a passport photograph.
- You must have the 8-9 lists of subjects you want to write in your NECO exam.
- You must also have the NECO exam fee during your registration.
How To Register For NECO 2023
To register for the NECO exams in 2023, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the NECO registration portal at www.neco.gov.ng
- Click the “Register” button and select the examination type (SSCE Internal or External).
- Fill in the required information, such as your name, date of birth, and address.
- Upload a passport photograph and a valid identification card.
- Choose your preferred examination centre and subject combination.
- Submit your application and print out the registration slip.
NOTE: IF you are a school candidate, your school will handle your registration. All you need to do is to provide all the necessary information during the registration.
NECO 2023 Registration Starting And Closing Date
The NECO 2023 registration starts on the 13th of March, 2023 and ends on the 30th of May, 2023.
All candidates must register for the exam before the deadline to avoid missing out on the opportunity to take the exam.
Please note that as long as the NECO registration portal is accessible, you can still register for the exam before it’s too late.
FIND OUT: 15 Top Secrets To Pass 2022 WAEC Exam With A’s And B’s
How Much Is NECO 2023 Registration Fee?
The NECO registration fee for the internal and external SSCE candidates is twelve thousand naira (N12,000). This fee is non-refundable.
Please note that if you are a school candidate, you will pay the money to the school management, depending on your school procedure.
Is NECO 2023 Timetable Out?
The NECO 2023 timetable is not yet out. The NECO body has not released the 2023 timetable. We will let you know once the timetable is out.
NECO 2023 Exam Commencement Date
The examination is scheduled to start on Monday, 27th of June 2023 and end on Friday, 12th of August 2023.
Subject Requirement For NECO Registration
As a NECO candidate, you can choose a minimum of 8 subjects and a maximum of 9 subjects in your exam. These subjects must include Mathematics and English Language.