Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Post-UTME form. If you’re an aspiring student seeking admission into OAU, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’ll provide detailed information about the OAU Post-UTME form, its application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, and tips to maximize your chances of success. So, let’s dive right in!
Understanding The OAU Post-UTME Form
The OAU Post-UTME form is an essential requirement for prospective candidates seeking admission into Obafemi Awolowo University. This form serves as a platform for applicants to showcase their academic abilities and secure a spot in one of Nigeria’s most prestigious universities.
Before applying for the OAU Post-UTME form, it’s crucial to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. Here are the general requirements:
- UTME Results: Candidates must have participated in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and obtained the minimum required score (200).
- O’Level Results: Applicants must possess a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English, not more than two sittings.
- Subject Combination: It is necessary to carefully select the appropriate subjects related to your desired course of study as specified by the university.
- JAMB Cut-off Mark: The university determines the minimum JAMB UTME score required for candidates to be eligible for the OAU Post-UTME form. Ensure to check the official OAU website or admission brochure for the specific cut-off mark.
Now that you understand the eligibility criteria, let’s walk through the application process for the OAU Post-UTME form. Follow these steps carefully:
- Visit the OAU Post-UTME Portal: Access the official OAU Post-UTME portal by typing the URL in your web browser: https://www.oauife.edu.ng/postutme.
- Create an Account: Click on the “Create Account” button and provide the necessary details to create your account. Ensure to use a valid email address and phone number for communication purposes.
- Login to Your Account: After successfully creating your account, log in using the credentials you provided during registration.
- Fill out the Application Form: Carefully complete the application form with accurate personal and academic details. Double-check for any errors before submission.
- Upload Required Documents: Upload scanned copies of your UTME result slip, O’Level result(s), passport photograph, and other requested documents. Make sure the documents are clear and legible.
- Make Payment: Proceed to make the required payment for the OAU Post-UTME form using the available payment options. Remember to print the payment receipt for future reference.
- Print Confirmation Slip: After successful payment, print your confirmation slip. This slip contains important details such as your examination venue, date, and time.
- Prepare for the Examination: With your confirmation slip in hand, it’s time to focus on preparing for the OAU Post-UTME examination. Engage in a thorough revision of relevant subjects and practice past questions to enhance your chances of success.
OAU Post-UTME Screening Requirements For 2023
- Candidates must meet the age requirement of sixteen (16) years or older to be eligible for the screening exercise.
- Candidates must apply before the designated registration deadline, as the school will disable the online application link afterwards.
- The names on candidates’ O’Level Certificates, UTME Results, and other registration documents must match precisely. Failure to maintain consistency may result in disqualification of the affected candidates.
- Candidates must upload their O’Level results to the JAMB website. Failure to do so will result in their exclusion from consideration for admission.
- Candidates who initially selected the OAU as their second choice but now wish to be considered for admission must make a change and select the university as their First Choice before applying for the Screening Exercise.
- On the day of the screening exercise, parents, guardians, and uninvited security agents will not be granted access to the campus.
- Every applicant will have the appointed venue for the OAU Post-UTME 2023 on their registration slip.
Do you find this article helpful? If yes, kindly share this post with your friends and subscribe to EduPadi Newsletter. Drop your questions in the comment section if you have any.