If you are writing the WAEC exam this year, it is necessary you know how to check your WAEC result once it is out. And one of the ways you can do this is through the WAEC result checker.
The WAEC result checker is a platform that allows students to check their results after they finish writing their exams.
In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to check your WAEC results in two easy ways.
How To Check Your WAEC Result Online
WAEC provides an online platform for candidates to check their results from the comfort of their homes. Now, you can check your WAEC result without purchasing a scratch card/pin.
All you need to do is to check the Result Checker Pin and Serial Number on your Smart Identity Card given to you during the exam.
With that being said, here are the steps to check your WAEC result online:
- Visit the WAEC result-checking portal at https://www.waecdirect.org/
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number in the required column. (This is the 7-digit exam centre number and your 3-digit candidate number). For example, 4937664023.
- Select your Examination Year from the dropdown list. For example, 2023.
- Select your Examination Type (School Candidate Result or Private Candidate Result).
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your e-PIN.
- Enter the e-PIN Voucher Number (Serial number).
- Click the “Submit” button to access your result.
How To Check WAEC Your Result Via SMS
Another way to check your WAEC result is using the Short Message Service (SMS). Here are the steps to check your WAEC result via SMS:
- Send an SMS in the following format -WAEC/ExamNumber/PIN/ExamYear
- Send to 32327 (MTN, Airtel Glo subscribers). For example, WAEC/4937664023/12345678912/2023.
- Ensure there is no space between the values while you stick to the format above. (Make sure there is NO SPACE between WAEC/ExamNumber/PIN/ExamYear when sending the message to 32327).
- Click the SEND button and wait for WAEC to send your result to your phone via SMS. (The SMS will cost you N30. So you must ensure you have an airtime balance of at least N30 on your phone).
How To Check WAEC Result Via Mobile App
WAEC has a mobile app that allows candidates to check their results on their smartphones. Here are the steps to check your WAEC result via the mobile app:
- Download and install the WAEC result checker app on your smartphone from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Launch the app and click on the “Result Checker” button.
- Enter your Examination Number, Examination Year, Type of Examination, Serial Number, and PIN.
- Click on the “Check My Result” button to access your result.
WAEC Grade Calculation
Once you check your result, another important to know is the WAEC grading system. You should know how WAEC grade or score your result; to help you in your admission process.
So, here is how WAEC grade candidates result in Nigeria. Check the table below and grade your result.
|WAEC Score In Percentage
In conclusion, checking your WAEC result is a straightforward process that can be done online, via SMS, or through the mobile app.
We hope this article has been informative and has provided you with the necessary information on how to check your WAEC result. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family who may find it useful.