This article will show how to write write teacher jobs application letter so you increase your chances of landing the job. We’ll provide samples of teacher job application letter here and also in PDF and MS Word that you can use as a template.
- Tips for writing teacher job application letter
- Sample application letter for teacher
- Download sample application letters for the post of teacher
Before getting start writing the application letter for teaching job, here are some tips that will help you do it best:
Tips for writing teacher job application cover letter
- Know about the school you’re applying for and the specific requirements for the job position
- Emphasise on your academic and extracurricular experience, especially as it applies to the job you’re applying for
- Highlight your experiences and accomplishments but as much as possible keep those relevant to the job you’re applying for
- As much as possible, know the name of the person you should address the letter to. It is better to use a name in the recipient’s address than to use some generic “Dear Sir/Madam”
- Proofread and do proper spelling checks before submitting the letter
- Use a suitable font such as Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri
Sample application letter for teacher
123 Yaba Ugo Street
September 24, 2021
Mr. Umar Kabiru
Green Peak School
123 Main Street
Dear Mr. Umar,
I am interested in applying for a secondary teaching position in your school. As a graduate of Yaba College of Education, I have required teaching experience on the JSS 1, 2 and 3 level, in both Physics and Mathematics. I believe my years of teaching experience, coupled with my passion for community engagement make me an ideal candidate for this teaching position.
I am currently teaching JSS 2 students at Bright Stars Secondary School and I have experience teaching secondary school students in a variety of settings. Having held the position of education coordinator at my previous roles, I also have experience in management in the school system. Based on my understanding that this position requires a teacher with varied experiences in the school system, I think my varied experiences would make me a valuable asset for your school.
Part of your school’s mission is to engage students from diverse cultures. I have extensive experience incorporating teaching styles that promote cultural diversity and inclusion into my classrooms. For example, as a teacher at Bright Stars Secondary School, I helped the management incorporate Culture Times in the extracurricular activities for the students, which helps students learn about the different cultures of fellow students in a fun way.
My goal is to combine my wide experience and quality of being a compassionate and intelligent teacher to make positive contributions that will benefit your students, school district and community at large.
I hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
[signature hard copy letter]
Don’t forget to download Teachers Registration Council Of Nigeria (TRCN) Past Questions and Answers.
Download application letters for the post of teacher in PDF and MS Word
Grab a free sample of Teacher Job Application Letter (MS Word) OR Teacher Job Application Letter (PDF).
Wishing you all the best in your interview and that you ultimately land the job!
Doctor is more important than a teacher