What is the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme all about?
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is a philanthropic program that empowers African entrepreneurs who have the most innovative business ideas. The program is available for all African countries.
Within 5 years since its commencement, the Tony Elumelu Foundation has empowered over 9,000 young African entrepreneurs.
Benefits of TEF Entrepreneurship Programme
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
Tony Elumelu foundation requirements
- Startup African entrepreneurs based in Africa, including businesses at the idea stage and innovative businesses that have been in existence for less than 3 years
- This opportunity is for businesses in any sector
- Business must have the potential to create jobs and revenue on the African continent
- Automatic Disqualiﬁcation criteria:
- Applicants under 18years of age
- Applicants who have received the TEF seed capital in previous years.
TEF Programme Timelines
The program usually has the following timeline:
- January: Application portal opens
- March: Application portal closes; initial longlist is announced to proceed for business training
- April – May: Training & mentorship
- June: Pan-African pitching competitions
- July: Announcement of finalists at the TEF Forum
- August – September: Background Check
- August – December: Seed Funding Disbursement
How does TEF select successful entrepreneurs?
- After the applications process, successful applicants will undergo business training.
- Shortlisted candidates will prepare and submit an updated business plan and top-performing entrepreneurs will be selected
- The selected people will go through a pitching phase
- After the pitching, top performers will be selected to receive the $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
Tony Elumelu foundation application form
During the application, you will have to go through 4 series of assessments. This assessment is divided into four (4) sections and would require approximately 60 mins to complete.
- Sections 1 & 2 require your bio-data and business data
- Sections 3 & 4 are timed personality & Cognitive assessment questions
Also, note that you are to answer all questions and you can only take Sections 3 & 4 assessment once.
You will also be required to upload a form of ID (international passport, driver’s license, Residency or Citizen’s Card, Voters Card, Tax ID). Please have your chosen form of ID scanned and ready for upload in .pdf, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif or .doc format before you begin.
TEF Assessment Past Questions PDF
You can grab a PDF copy of the application process: TEF assessment questions PDF. I find this important because by going through those past questions you can know the kind of questions to expect so you can beat the time.
Note that the TEF application has to be completed online. See how to get started at TEF portal below.
Tony Elumelu foundation application portal
All the best!
- UNICAL 33rd Convocation ceremony and registration guidelines to graduands
- Download TRCN Past Questions & Answers (PDF) – Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria